Computed Tomography (CT)
A computed tomography (CT) scan uses X-rays and computer technology to produce detailed images of structures inside the body. A CT scan is also called a computed axial tomography (CAT) scan.
Prior to your visit:
To make your visit as quick as possible, we will make every effort to pre-register/authorize your exam. You will recieve an automated appointment confirmation call prior to your exam appointment.
On the day of your visit:
- Expect your CT exam to take a minimum of 15 minutes to 45 minutes.
- Please bring a photo, insurance information, your portion of payment and the order form/prescription from your physician to your appointment.
- Wear comfortable clothing.
- Please bring your most recent laboratory results to your visit.
- You may eat, drink and take medications as usual unless you are advised differently. Some tests will require fasting; our staff will advise you if this is necessary.
Following your visit:
Our radiologists will interpret your images and send a report directly to your doctor. Your doctor will communicate the results of your exam to you.